Halloween Dress Code
On Friday, October 29, 2021 Swartz Creek Middle School students will be permitted to wear costumes to school provided that are within the listed guidelines below:
Halloween costumes . . . .
- Students without medical exemptions, must still wear masks covering their mouth and nose. A Halloween mask is not a proper mask.
- Cannot be offensive in design or intent which includes not mocking or resembling another student, school staff member, or religious preference.
- Cannot feature inappropriate themes, characters or reference to drugs/alcohol etc.
- Props including plastic swords, guns, wands, etc. are not permitted. If brought to school, these items will be held in the office until a parent or guardian can pick them up and could result in suspension.
- Makeup or hair coloring must be applied at home.
- Cannot interfere with daily responsibilities both in and out of the classroom.
- Costumes must be comfortable enough to wear for the entire school day.
- Costumes that are overly scary or gory/bloody will not be permitted.
- Must meet the general standard of “clean and covered” expressed in our current School Dress Code.
If a student's costume is found to be inappropriate by SCMS Administration, s/he will be asked to remove the costume. If you have any questions regarding the appropriateness of a particular costume idea, please do not hesitate to ask or call SCMS Administration in advance of October 29th for guidance.